Thursday, April 2, 2009

"Hello World!!".

This is the first time that i am writing a blog. Rather this is the first time i am trying to write something about myself, my daily experiences, etc. Since childhood, i have tried a lot many times to get into this habit of writing. In the beginning, when i was in high school, my brother used to tell me that daily writting helps you to improve yourself...so you should write. Then in college, i saw some of my peers following this habit...and that used to somehow excites me..so again i thought of writing. Then while preparing for MBA, few well wishers told me to get into this habit of reading and writing...as it improves your vocab, articulation skills, etc etc...so again i tried writing. But i failed every time. I remember that the maximum i could follow this habit was 3 days...and then full stop. But this time its something different...this time i can feel that i want to write. This time, there are no suggestions, no vocab factor, nothing that is compelling me. But there is SOMETHING INSIDE me...that is forcing me, IMPELLING me to write and i can feel that.

So i sat down and started to think about what to write and the first thing that i had to think was - the TITLE of this blog. i thought and thought...but nothing came to my mind...So i decided to start on with the writing the body first and give it a title whenever it strikes me. So i started to put my thoughts on this canvas so new to me...i was excited...damn excited...and this excitement was ACTUALLY there...for the first time. Finally somewhere in the middle of my writing, this title struck me..."Hello World!!" and there was a laugh on my face. I laughed at myself that how well have IT occupied my mindset. Anyone who has ever started to learn the programming language "C" must be knowing this word. And thus begins my introduction. I am Anuj, a software engineer like so many others.


Born and brought up in a middle class family and thus born with a mindset of scoring well in school...working hard...becoming either a doctor or an engineer. So carrying on the tradition further, I became an engineer and am currently working in one of the IT companies based in Pune for the past couple of years. I am in love with Pune. There are many reasons of me falling in love with this city. I love the culture, attitude, hanging out areas, student life, babes, Hard Rock Cafe and many places like it...and many other things like that. There is something in the city that even the Hard Rock Cafe management preferred to open one of those in Pune after Banglore and Mumbai...even before DELHI. I am sure a lot of thinking must be done before preferring Pune to Delhi...and as i said, THERE IS SOMETHING IN THIS CITY that makes it different than the rest. And I am happy to be here in this city. I love the student life over here and somewhere curse my luck for not doing my Bachelor's degree from here. But that is past now. For now, I am lucky to be here and somewhere thank God to send me here because it was only after coming to Pune that i saw so many people doing so many different things in life and yet living happily. It was only after i came here that i realized that life is not about waking up in the morning, shitting, going to work, earning, eating, and sleeping...and then the same cycle the next day...and day after day. There is more to LIFE.

Suddenly this bigger picture of life has turned more alluring to me and I feel that i should have a purpose, a dream to live with, rather than a normal algorithm school --> engineering --> MBA --> Marriage --> Kids --> Death. I feel like contributing more to this world rather than contributing a few java programs and few more to add to the population. I feel like living big so that when i leave this world, people apart from my relatives should also know that there was a person named Anuj. And most importantly, to live big...so that few decades down the lane, when i turn back to look at my journey of life...i should feel proud of myself...proud for LIVING a life that meant something...rather than EXISTING. And suddenly, all those dreams those were kept on a side, all neglected, have started coming back to the heart again...and I can feel the thrust. For the first time, I could relate a bigger meaning to that simple IT term "Hello World!!". And here I am, feeling the freshness that is there after a very big sleep...after coming out of my small dark shell...after seeing and feeling the brightness outside and i want to scream loudly in a way similar to what Vidya Balan used to scream in the movie "Lagey Raho Munna Bhai"..."HELLLOOOOOO WORLLLLDDDD!!!!!"

3 comments:

  1. Really a good one.
    It depicts the real picture -- 90% of people here dont have any clue of what they want from life. It is as if we are leading an AIM-less life.

    Get-up --> shit--> Office --> Work --> EAT --> Home --Sleep. Is this a routine of aperson who is living ?? A BIG BIG NO!!! This is the routine of someone who is just surviving and not living.

    It is very sad to say that we have forgot how to live and so we are only surviving. It is high time that we understand the meaning of life -- have an AIM , as Anuj here has understood it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would sincerely thank the IT industry if a few more people realize what you have. It has always been following the same path because of familiarity than interest that has caused most of the frustrations.
    School-->Engineering-->IT-->MBA-->BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!
    Very aptly written that there is more to life than only money or only office or only work. The dirtiest part is everyone knows it and yet keep doing it.
    Great to see you getting partly liberated and ready to take chances! In the long run, this would be the easiest and the most wonderful path to be traversed!!
    between, the spelling of writing is wrong. Its not "writting" :).
    Great that you started writing, a great way to express yourself, not to mention to improve your writing skills as well.
    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abey Jaat , u write well man....keep the good work gng...

    ReplyDelete